Île de la Cité and île Saint-Louis during the River Seine flood of January 2018.

The River Seine flooding a street lamp and two trees on the Left Bank with square de l’île de France and quai d’Orléans in the background. Before île Saint-Louis was settled in 1640 the island was named île Notre-Dame and was used as a pasture and warehouse area and sometimes for chivalrous ceremonies.

Photographs of floods on the Seine.