A street sign on rue de l’Hôtel-Colbert with its previous name, «Rue des Rats».

The former name of rue de l’Hôtel-Colbert, «Rue des Rats», engraved on the limestone façade of the Hôtel Colbert above a sign with the street’s current name, at the corner of rue de la Bûcherie. The name was changed in 1829 because of complaints of residents of the street.

Photographs of the Left Bank.