The Arago line, named after astronomist Dominique François Jean Arago, runs under l’Observatoire de Paris, and dates from the observatory’s construction in 1672.

An Arago plaque next to the palais Royal, across from the Louvre Museum. These plaques were placed along Paris’ “Rose Line” in 1986. Until 1884, all east/west distances in France were measured from this meridional line.

Go to the index page of pictures of da Vinci Code Paris.